Need help please

Options
Hello everyone, 

I recently had my back door changed and I made the mistake of paying the guy cash before he issued a receipt and warranty documents. I have been chasing him since then but he is ignoring my texts and calls and when I tried to call from another number he answered and said that he would email me the documents but he has not done it yet. 

The service and the door all were done perfectly but I am disappointed at the fact that he is not sending these documents over. He doesn’t have an address or a shop on his website so I feel stuck

I am taking this as a lesson to never pay before I receive my paper work but is there anything that I can do to help the situation? 

Thank you 

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,898 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    What's his website?
  • Elham
    Options
    Hello 

It won’t let me post it here but the company is called Leeds composite doors 
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    There's an address on the map on the website. Looks like No 9 according to Google. Google can be wrong of course.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,818 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Last couple of windows I had installed, it took a couple of weeks for the paperwork to turn up. I'd give him 30 days or so before chasing.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • Elham
    Options
    When I checked google maps it looked like a residential area so I thought it might be fake but I will go to check it out today. 

It is been about 2 months now since he fitted the door for us 
  • Elham
    Options
    Hello everyone, I went to check the address and there are just houses there so he maybe trading from his house. I think I might give it a little bit more time and maybe just go to the address and ask if nothing happens. 

Is there anything else that I can try before? 

Thanks for all the replies 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure