Norstat/Panelbase Change for the worse!

Options
Never had any issues with surveys from Panelbase. But two I got today which have been regular ones before and always paid ended in either already full. But only said once you finished it! Or “oops something went wrong!” message again only appearing after you completed it! Also these badges and stars you can earn look like pointless gimmicks! Plus before you could cash in any amount after you reached £10. Now it’s £10 and them £25 etc. Might give it to the first £10 and leave it at that.

Comments

• sebloak
    sebloak Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    On the plus side they seem to give a 'coin' even when rejected. Ive earned more from rejections than actual surveys so far :/
  • DaveQ
    DaveQ Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's not great....but then neither was Panelbase
  • fly-catchers
    Options
    sebloak said:
    On the plus side they seem to give a 'coin' even when rejected. Ive earned more from rejections than actual surveys so far :/
    I like the free coin when you are rejected. But less so when you have actually completed the whole survey but it just comes out as rejected at the end! Two in a row like that. Both surveys I used to get regularly from Panelbase where they wanted to get your ongoing opinions and always accepted and paid.
  • Foxy16
    Foxy16 Posts: 247 Forumite
    Options
    I am having a lot of problems with Norstat as well, never any with Panelbase. Twice I have contacted them to query a couple of things, no reply at all. Very dubious about them,  reviews on the internet very negative. Most saying when they have ordered a gift card nothing ever arrives.

Has anyone had this experience with gift cards.
  • Jenna_Appleseed
    Jenna_Appleseed Posts: 4,873 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 12 December 2023 at 5:41AM
    Options
    I got two £5 gift cards fine last week from Norstat (one amazon voucher code, & one printable tesco voucher for using in store)  - converting points to 'purchase' them via the gogifts voucher site and then downloading the pdfs with the codes/links to clam the actual vouchers was a bit fiddly, but I received them ok. 
     + got the points equivalent of the £5 I won from last months Panelbase prize draw, that i wasn't expecting to actually get at all as the win happened just after my account closed. 
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • Foxy16
    Options
    I got two £5 gift cards fine last week from Norstat (one amazon voucher code, & one printable tesco voucher for using in store)  - converting points to 'purchase' them via the gogifts voucher site and then downloading the pdfs with the codes/links to clam the actual vouchers was a bit fiddly, but I received them ok. 
     + got the points equivalent of the £5 I won from last months Panelbase prize draw, that i wasn't expecting to actually get at all as the win happened just after my account closed. 
    Many thanks for the reply. Good to know you got your gift cards OK. Yes it took me ages to find what gift cards they had, find their site very long winded and complicated, compared to all the other survey ones I use. I did eventually get a reply from them, a couple of weeks ago I saw they had L2shop gift cards, so went to order one a couple of days later and they weren't there. They informed me they would be on their site today, but they are not, will keep checking.
  • onemouseplace
    Options
    I'm not impressed - I quite liked Panelbase - not the biggest earner, but it used to be pretty steady.

Nortstat seems to have a lot of extra, pointless guff (I don't need to have a dashboard everytime to start a survey to tell me what % it might be of my daily something or other).
  • Jenna_Appleseed
    Jenna_Appleseed Posts: 4,873 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 17 December 2023 at 5:35AM
    Options
    Love2shop vouchers are available now (or were about an hour ago), - can get a £5 voucher for only 50 Nortstat points (cheaper than the other vouchers/giftcards), you need to redeem your points (involves getting a verification code via email) then claim a giftcard /e-voucher on love2shop's site, then love2shop either post you a card or email you with a link for the voucher. (Claimed a Costa voucher & got an email with a link to a page with the voucher info & a QR code to scan in store, or a pdf to print out with the qr code etc).

eta: Is it me or has love2shop got a lot less merchants available these days?

I've managed to claim £15 in vouchers since Panelbase closed, and I'd hardly used it for ages til recently (crammed surveys trying to get enough points to cash out after they announced they were closing/merging in case it vanished for good + got lucky with the prize draw). 

Had one suspect Norstat survey, wanted me to install a dodgy looking extension and log into my amazon or other streaming account so it could monitor what programmes I've watched. 
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • Foxy16
    Options
    Managed to get a L2shop voucher from them on Friday, but the link they gave me to click on takes me straight to a page where I select another gift card (most of which are on Norstat). Another site I use, their code takes me to a page where I am able to select a physical L2shop card (which is what I want and thought Norstat would be the same), which is sent in the post. Cannot see any option to get a L2shop card, driving me nuts.
  • Bazzalona13295
    Options
    Never had any issues with surveys from Panelbase. But two I got today which have been regular ones before and always paid ended in either already full. But only said once you finished it! Or “oops something went wrong!” message again only appearing after you completed it! Also these badges and stars you can earn look like pointless gimmicks! Plus before you could cash in any amount after you reached £10. Now it’s £10 and them £25 etc. Might give it to the first £10 and leave it at that.
    I didn't know about the £25 figure, I'm close to the tenner (mostly old Panelbase surveys) so I'll make sure I cash out then.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback