Out of contract with Virgin. Is this offer reasonable?

Options
I am out of contract with Virgin, I contacted them earlier this week via WhatsApp (it was a nightmare and I won't make that mistake again). Because a family member living with me temporarily likes football  I enquired about adding sports to the package. They offered me all sorts of things I didn't want at a higher price so I cancelled the contract.

Yesterday someone from the Loyalty Department phoned me and suggested I keep my BB speed at M250 for a cost of £26.5/m and have a set top box. I can then subscribe to the sports channel on a rolling 1 month contract for £27/m. The idea is that when the person moves out I can cancel the sports channel. 

I asked for this in writing via email or text but they refused. My question is does this sound right? I can see the appeal of cancelling the rolling contract but I can't see any mention of a set top box and a rolling contract on their website.

Thank you

Comments

• FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,635 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    marycanary said: Yesterday someone from the Loyalty Department phoned me and suggested I keep my BB speed at M250 for a cost of £26.5/m and have a set top box. I can then subscribe to the sports channel on a rolling 1 month contract for £27/m. The idea is that when the person moves out I can cancel the sports channel. 

I asked for this in writing via email or text but they refused. My question is does this sound right? I can see the appeal of cancelling the rolling contract but I can't see any mention of a set top box and a rolling contract on their website.
    Doesn't sound right - Virgin, and most of the other providers will want to lock you in for a fixed term, and any package options would be on top for the full term. If they are not prepared to put an offer in writing, it is likely to be a dodgy deal. Got caught out myself a while back with Virgin and because it was done over the phone, they conveniently couldn't find any record of the conversation. I now insist on email communication... But Virgin do not have a regular email address, so it all gets routed through their complaints team.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback