Settled Mortgage style loan, when it was due to be written off - any chance of a refund?

Hi,
I was offered a settlement fee for my mortgage style loan, with Erudio. I accepted, thinking I may be promoted soon, however, the loan was due to be written off a few months later and I think I would have been better off not paying the settlement fee. Do I stand any chance of a refund, eg due to being misled?
Many Thanks

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,810
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    What makes you think you were misled. 
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,810
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    How did you get to know that the loan would be written of
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,757
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    MM123_3 said:
    Hi,
    I was offered a settlement fee for my mortgage style loan, with Erudio. I accepted, thinking I may be promoted soon, however, the loan was due to be written off a few months later and I think I would have been better off not paying the settlement fee. Do I stand any chance of a refund, eg due to being misled?
    Many Thanks
    In what way did Erudio mislead you?
     If you asked them when the loan would be written off and they got it wrong, then you may have some redress. If you didn’t ask the question, then I don’t think you can accuse them of misleading you. It really is down to you to do due diligence in this respect. All voluntary student loan repayments are non refundable. 
    I assume it was written off either due to it having been in repayment a set amount of time or your age. This is set out clearly on the website, so I don’t think you could claim to be unaware: https://www.erudiostudentloans.co.uk/content/capquest/erudio/en/news/age-related-cancellation.html

I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback