Final shell energy bill

I recently switched from Shell Energy to Octopus.  When Shell issued my final bill, they switched my tariff from Flexible 12 Direct Debit ebill (which I had paid for my Oct 25th bill) to Flexible 11 Direct Debit ebill, thereby inflating the bill to Sept rates.  In addition they cancelled the Oct 25 bill and re-calculated this at the higher rate (for Oct and the remainder of Nov), I believe unfairly.  I have queried this with them and await the outcome.  Has anyone else similarly been impacted?

Comments

• lafox
    lafox Posts: 8
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yes , I have. Still disputing it. They claim that because I switched supplier within 60 days of the new tariff they are entitled to charge the whole bill at the old , more expensive rate. However they sent an email, around  9th Sept which states that it only applies if switching within 20 days, so will be challenging them if they keep insisting that.
  • lafox
    lafox Posts: 8
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Shell have just called. At first the lady told me that due to the fact that I had switched suppliers within 60 days they were within their rights to charge me at the old rate. I then referred her to the email Shell sent me on 12th September about the new tariff, this explains clearly about switching and only states 20 days, which would be 27th October. As I didn't switch until November I suggested that I was willing to challenge this in court. She then agreed to refund me the amount of overcharge, which mysteriously she had calculated before speaking to me. Looking forward to seeing it in my account in 10 days time. Thanks to other forumites for the heads up. for the info. 
  • Yes exactly the same as they told me my argument is ofgem set the cost and we all thought the suppliers charged that looks like we got that wrong so who is in charge ofgem the government or the supplier who is making the most profit ???
  • Just had email off shell saying they are putting £25 into my account in the next 10 days as a “Gratis” payment and as settlement to my complaint  ???
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback