🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Induction hob opinions please

Options
124»

Comments

• ThisIsWeird
    ThisIsWeird Posts: 5,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    'none the wiser' might do it :-)

Kidding!
  • oldernonethewiser
    Options
    Ganga said:
    Induction hobs are great to clean and with the right pots and pans will be very energy efficient. You can use them as an extra surface when not on which can be a real bonus.

I hate mine and would go back to gas if it was at all practical.

Why ? can you explain.

I like cooking with gas, just my personal preference suited to what I do, but the thing that really bugs me about this particular hob is the touch controls.  You have to select each "ring" then tap plus or minus to change the power level.

I have friends who have individual rotary controls on theirs, part of a cooker, which is much better.

Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,910 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Ganga said:
    Induction hobs are great to clean and with the right pots and pans will be very energy efficient. You can use them as an extra surface when not on which can be a real bonus.

I hate mine and would go back to gas if it was at all practical.

Why ? can you explain.

but the thing that really bugs me about this particular hob is the touch controls.  You have to select each "ring" then tap plus or minus to change the power level.

My hob has a child lock on it - It is overly sensitive and I'd swear it locks just by looking at it some days.. A minor annoyance really.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • Jonboy_1984
    Options
    I didn't mind the touch controls other than:
    1)when I spilt water on them and started beeping in a confused state and it was quicker to flick the power off to reset. 
    2) when I absentmindedly choose the wrong ring and my partners favourite mug was sat on it. 
  • wigglygiggly
    Options
    I didn't mind the touch controls other than:
    1)when I spilt water on them and started beeping in a confused state and it was quicker to flick the power off to reset. 
    2) when I absentmindedly choose the wrong ring and my partners favourite mug was sat on it. 
    Was the mug made for induction hobs then?  ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure