Travel Insurance for the UK

I am a UK resident and travelling to London for a short break in March. As I am a UK resident I do not need medical insurance as I have the NHS. But I do need insurance which covers cancellation of a non refundable hotel cost if there is a possible rail strike. There is nothing planned at the moment but just wondered if there are any companies which insure for this type travel.


  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 9,182
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Normal single trip insurance would cover it, technically it will have the medical section there but when you declare your holiday is in the UK it will only price for medical cancellation rather than medical treatment.
  • misuel1955
    misuel1955 Posts: 32
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have tried various companies and have declared no significant medical conditions and still they have medical cancellation in the policy. I only want insurance to cover cancellation of a non refundable hotel cost as I will be given a refund by my train company for the rail fare if there is a strike and I cannot get to my destination
  • SchezWho
    SchezWho Posts: 1
    First Post
    You had better read the fine print of your travel insurance. Industrial action might be excluded from coverage as "beyond their control" like natural disasters.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards