counterfeits on ebay

hi all
i got some mach3 razors from ebay
i fly through them and thougght i'd give these a try on ebay
i should ave know at 12 quid for 24, normally i get 3-4 shaves per razor
as soon as i took 1 swipe with these off ebay they were duds 
i raised a complaint and straight away left neg rev, next day offered me 10% refund and keep the item, i said no FULL refund, next reply i got ok can i give you 20%, my reply was was no FULL refund
ive looked at the seller feedback which is good but past month same item on seller page has been removed and other negative feedback from other buyers with the same item
i would normally just put this down to live and learn but im not letting someone take the mick and selling me crap thats they know are out for a quick buck

Comments

• baser999
    baser999 Posts: 1,075
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    £12, move on. 
  • Emmia
    Emmia Posts: 2,946
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Have you tried the Boots brand compatible blades?

https://www.boots.com/boots-max3-shave-three-blade-shaving-system-refill-10261595

*Do be careful though, as they sell similarly branded (cheaper) blades which are not compatible.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,852
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    hi all
    i raised a complaint and straight away left neg rev, next day offered me 10% refund and keep the item, i said no FULL refund, next reply i got ok can i give you 20%, my reply was was no FULL refund
    ive looked at the seller feedback which is good but past month same item on seller page has been removed and other negative feedback from other buyers with the same item
    i would normally just put this down to live and learn but im not letting someone take the mick and selling me crap thats they know are out for a quick buck
    Your problem was that you left a neg without resolving it first, there is a reporting mechanism for higher rated sellers (even on my private account) to request a feedback removal where buyer has made no attempt to use the ebay buyer protection path to sort out the issue.

The way to get a neg to stick is to firstly let seller know you have an issue. Wait one day at least then open a case for item significantly not as described. Once you have sorted the issue to your satisfaction leave a neg that has no arguable comments- something like 'not as shown in listing'
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • northernstar007
    northernstar007 Posts: 428
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 6 December 2023 at 10:10AM
    soolin said:
    hi all
    Your problem was that you left a neg without resolving it first, there is a reporting mechanism for higher rated sellers (even on my private account) to request a feedback removal where buyer has made no attempt to use the ebay buyer protection path to sort out the issue.

The way to get a neg to stick is to firstly let seller know you have an issue. Wait one day at least then open a case for item significantly not as described. Once you have sorted the issue to your satisfaction leave a neg that has no arguable comments- something like 'not as shown in listing'
    its not my problem they are selling counterfeit, i left a true accurate review of my purchase, if the seller is selling not fit for purpose items then i will warn others, that is my view of feedback
  • serena9
    serena9 Posts: 104
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    You've probably unwittingly bought from overseas, I've done the same before, I dealt with a similar issue by sending them a message saying I want a free returns label and a full refund following eBay's terms and conditions, wording is important. 

If they still ignore you or make you a silly offer escalate it to eBay for them to deal with it when the date comes around, always be polite when sending the seller messages, eBay consider this when deciding your case, say please and thank you, although in this case I don't think you'll have much trouble but it may be drawn out a bit, good for you sticking to your guns, I would too and you can move on when you have your money back, good luck.
  • serena9
    serena9 Posts: 104
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I missed the bit that you had already left negative feedback, that's unfortunate as the seller now has no incentive to make good and as said above this could be removed which won't help others as you'd hoped, try what I said above but you may have to swallow this one.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,852
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    soolin said:
    hi all

its not my problem they are selling counterfeit, i left a true accurate review of my purchase, if the seller is selling not fit for purpose items then i will warn others, that is my view of feedback
    It is not your problem at all I agree, except of course it is if you've received counterfeits and want to leave a neg to warn others. 

Using the path outlined by ebay may not help with that feeling we all get when we get ripped off that you want to 'hurt' the seller somehow and also warn others  - but using the ebay system would have done that. You would have had a full refund, seller would have got a neg. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Emmia
    Emmia Posts: 2,946
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If they're cheap on eBay, then tbh I'd expect them to be counterfeit.
  • if you mean replacement blades FOR Mach 3 then they are not counterfeit. Simply as advertised.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 9,980
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    if you mean replacement blades FOR Mach 3 then they are not counterfeit. Simply as advertised.

It does depend how they were sold/advertised.

If they were sold as a genuine item then that's illegal and they should be reported to Trading Standards. If they were sold as "compatible with...", then that's probably ok.

Reading between the lines and the seller's previously good feedback it looks like they may be legitimate to be sold. If they are counterfeit items then they shouldn't be returned, Ebay or the seller should refund in full and the goods should be disposed of. That's where you'd need help from Trading Standards.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback