Paid off in full early

I had a student loan 2012 and graduated in 2014. 2021 I got some unexpected money and I had been working a lot of overtime and was fed up of huge chunks of this money earned going towards my student loan repayments so I phoned up asked how much it would cost to wipe the debt and I paid the balance. Does this mean there is no way I have overpaid or could I have paid extra in interest due to some months earning a lot more than others?

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,736
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    If you cleared the outstanding balance on a particular day, then that settles the loan.

The only chance you could have overpaid is if some of your most recent salary deductions haven't been credited to your loan account. 

Your monthly repayments are determined by salary, not by interest charges, so don't worry about that. Worth a phone call to slc, to check that all payments made in the months prior to the loan being cleared have been correctly credited.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback