car insurance question regarding statements

I have been looking at car renewal prices (and shocked how much they have gone up!) 

I was going for a reasonable quote with Marmalade however just before it got to the payment part there were some statements that they assumed- one of them was that no driver had been made bankrupt or insolvent either as part of a business or individual. 

I had a DRO about 10 years ago!!

There was no option to alter this statement and I got a little freaked so I just closed the page!! 

As DRO is a type of insolvency would I be right in thinking that could affect that policy had I gone ahead? 

Should I look at a different insurer?

Any advice/ quince would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you! 

Comments

  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 9,182
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Websites are designed to deal with the 95% of straight forward cases hence you cannot alter statements. Some insurers as a whole only want the straight forward cases and so the response on the phone would be the same but others are willing to look at the remaining 5% over the phone and so will often prompt you to phone if you cannot agree to the assumptions/statements. 
  • Ok- thank you :smiley:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards