working tax credits pre-migration checks

Does anyone know what this means?

Comments

• HMRC will be automatically notified when a tax credit claimant receives a migration notice, and some awards will be selected for 'pre-migration checks' to ensure the award is as accurate as possible, with some claimants being asked to arrange a telephone interview to confirm their details.
  • Thanks Pumpkin has anyone had this and what do they ask?
  • Thanks Pumpkin has anyone had this and what do they ask?
    It's the first time I've seen it on here, but others might have.
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • Yamor
    Yamor Posts: 312
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Extremely common.

Favourite areas are childcare costs and children in full-time non-advanced education.

They are looking to ensure that the details on the claim are correct prior to migration.
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,848
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    the way worded is as if fraud, interview why not just ask for the proof
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • I’m due to get this call on Thursday can you advise me what they ask? Or what I need? Thanks 
  • olgadapolga
    olgadapolga Posts: 2,263
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    edited 15 January at 7:41AM
    I’m due to get this call on Thursday can you advise me what they ask? Or what I need? Thanks 
    I had one of these a few months ago. The letter asked for a huge list of things, so I spent a week trying to find the information requested. The phone call lasted a few minutes and all they wanted to check was that my sons were both still in full-time non-advanced education (as both had chosen to do further courses before university).

Obviously, what they will ask of you will depend on your particular circumstances. 
  • Thank you so much for your reply. I have my phone call today.. thank you 😌
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure