Cavere/CoverBaloo Home Insurance

Hello everyone, I have never got Insurance before last month but I decided to get it and I found CoverBaloo on MSE. I am wondering why they haven't asked me any questions like what security I have and I wonder if anyone knows why? I am supposed to get a free Amazon voucher for being referred by this site but i think that comes in 90 days of being with them.

Any help/info appreciated thankyou.

Comments

• user1977
    user1977 Posts: 13,262
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The quote form on their own website does ask those questions - did you answer them on a comparison site and they got passed through? Have you checked the details they sent you to confirm the policy? That should include the answers they think you gave.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 8,983
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Aquapara said:
    Hello everyone, I have never got Insurance before last month but I decided to get it and I found CoverBaloo on MSE. I am wondering why they haven't asked me any questions like what security I have and I wonder if anyone knows why? I am supposed to get a free Amazon voucher for being referred by this site but i think that comes in 90 days of being with them.

Any help/info appreciated thankyou.
    For each question asked about 2% of people decide they cannot be bothered with this and leave the process without getting a quote. There is therefore a tension between wanting to ask lots of questions to get an accurate price for the risk assessment and wanting as few questions as possible to get more people through the process and to a quote. 

Some time back one of my projects was to remove the "where do you keep your car" question from our Motor product... we'd found too many people lie (say its kept in the garage when they don't even have a garage) or just aren't consistent and so statistical analysis showed very little correlation between the answer and the claims experience. So drop the question, get a few more people through the quote process and avoid the phone calls when people don't know if their residential carpark counts as driveway or garage or calls when people say they've cleared out the garage so the car will now be kept there not on the driveway.

Havent looked at the particular company in question but know there have historically been issues with people not knowing if their locks are up to BS standards or not and policies never stipulate that windows must be closed at all times so window locks are of finite use. It could be they've removed them for a slicker process.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback