dfs insurance claim ? hlp

Options
i bought a new leather settee for dfs and took out the 5yr insurance, the other week i accidently made a stain on the settee only small but noticable, i thought id try some same colour leather dye on the small spot, and it was not exactly the same colour, and i cannot remove the dye, my question is, should i use the insurance to get it fixed... or does nyone know how to get the dye out.

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    fender62 said:
    i bought a new leather settee for dfs and took out the 5yr insurance, the other week i accidently made a stain on the settee only small but noticable, i thought id try some same colour leather dye on the small spot, and it was not exactly the same colour, and i cannot remove the dye, my question is, should i use the insurance to get it fixed... or does nyone know how to get the dye out.
    You need to read the terms of the warranty/policy... you are now effectively attempting to claim for a deliberate act which is almost certainly not covered by the policy 

Black is the only colour of leather dye I'd personally ever consider using and then the surface must be very much black and not very dark charcoal etc. If it's decent dye then it won't come off. 
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Insurance may have covered repair to the accidental damage.  It will almost certainly not cover your failed attempt to fix it when you have made the problem worse.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback