BGAS app usage figures issue ft3 / m3 units

meat_n2_reg
meat_n2_reg Posts: 283
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 3 December 2023 at 8:58PM in Energy
Hello 
I manually record daily gas figures from smart meter and use Bright App to check usage 
Both of the above agree 
However when I look at British gas app energy usage the figures are showing approx 2.8 times higher so would appear to be set to ft3 and not m3 .... 
Have checked last month bill and it just states usage units and does not show if f3 or m3 

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue 

Last month bill seems correct so looks like there is an issue just with app usage figures ?

Got me really worried when I saw the British Gas usage figures !

Regards Steve 

Comments

• Netexporter
    Netexporter Posts: 1,043
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I think somebody else posted something similar the other day. Good to hear that BG levels of incompetence are up to standard! 
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,262
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    meat_n2_reg said: Have checked last month bill and it just states usage units and does not show if f3 or m3
    Somewhere on the bill, there should be a calculation showing how BG converted meter units to KWh (it is an OFGEM requirement). One cubic metre of gas converts roughly to 11.2KWh - Multiply that by the usage and the unit price, and if it is within a pound or two, your bill is probably correct.

Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • Yep last month used 40.6 gas units  = 453.6 kwh  ( approx *11 ) so bill is correct 

Looks like the app usage is wrong by a facor of 2.8 ( ft3 / m3) 

As long as bill is ok its not the end of the world and can use 3rd party app to check usage 

However ii is not good British Gas own app is wrong .... 

Still tied in for another 12 months , but will be looking to leave BG 

Cheers Steve 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport