Washing machine: is it New or Recycled?

Hi. I have bought one on Black Friday, delivered yesterday. It does not look right: there was moisture inside, parts were missing and I can’t find the guarantee card. I have tried googling for answers on how to tell the difference between them but all I have got is how to recycle your item and so on. Here is my last cry for help. 
I think the retailer sold me a refurbished machine for a new one under the cover of Black Friday deals. 
Any help? I’m not sure if this thread is allowed, I’m a newbie. Sorry if not and delete if necessary. 
Thank you. 

Comments

• marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 1,489
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hi. I have bought one on Black Friday, delivered yesterday. It does not look right: there was moisture inside, parts were missing and I can’t find the guarantee card. I have tried googling for answers on how to tell the difference between them but all I have got is how to recycle your item and so on. Here is my last cry for help. 
    I think the retailer sold me a refurbished machine for a new one under the cover of Black Friday deals. 
    Any help? I’m not sure if this thread is allowed, I’m a newbie. Sorry if not and delete if necessary. 
    Thank you. 
     It's normal to find water inside. They test run the machines after production 
  • Flugelhorn
    Flugelhorn Posts: 5,414
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    My concern would not be that it was "recycled" but returned as it wasn't right or they weren't happy with it. As the poster above says, they always have some moisture as they are tested. what parts are missing??
  • My concern would not be that it was "recycled" but returned as it wasn't right or they weren't happy with it. As the poster above says, they always have some moisture as they are tested. what parts are missing??
    Thanks. Yes, I found out that it’s a “run test” so it’s normal to have condensation inside it. Parts missing: cold water hose, caps for the transit bolts, spanner to undo the bolts (I haven’t got tools) and some other bits. That is my concern. If someone returned and they refurbished and re sold as new. The machine is running now, a family member came over and fixed it. 
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 21,076
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    My concern would not be that it was "recycled" but returned as it wasn't right or they weren't happy with it. As the poster above says, they always have some moisture as they are tested. what parts are missing??
    Thanks. Yes, I found out that it’s a “run test” so it’s normal to have condensation inside it. Parts missing: cold water hose, caps for the transit bolts, spanner to undo the bolts (I haven’t got tools) and some other bits. That is my concern. If someone returned and they refurbished and re sold as new. The machine is running now, a family member came over and fixed it. 
    Probably not refurbished but a return.
    I would complain to the retailer and try and get a few quid knocked off. Plus you want the guarantee card ( although your invoice receipt is normally all you need)
    Who is the retailer? It is OK to name names of companies on here, as long as the complaint is genuine.
  • My concern would not be that it was "recycled" but returned as it wasn't right or they weren't happy with it. As the poster above says, they always have some moisture as they are tested. what parts are missing??
    Probably not refurbished but a return.
    I would complain to the retailer and try and get a few quid knocked off. Plus you want the guarantee card ( although your invoice receipt is normally all you need)
    Who is the retailer? It is OK to name names of companies on here, as long as the complaint is genuine.
    Argos. Yes, the family called customer service and in the end, after a long talk and complaint, they agreed to refund some money to my bank account. I have to wait for 5 days and see if they keep their word. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback