Missing Advents

MePlus4
MePlus4 Posts: 1,008
First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
Forumite
edited 3 December 2023 at 3:57PM in Compers chat corner
I know some more will start around the 12th, but thought it might be worth compiling a list of ones to look out for that havent appeared yet, just in case.  So far I can think of these, anyone remember any more?

Superdrug
Superdrug Mobile
Grindstore

**Back after a break, previously known as Mumto2boys**

Comments

• AprilLady
    AprilLady Posts: 932
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 3 December 2023 at 3:17PM
    I still have my list from last year and there are quite a lot that haven't appeared this year, but as you say, some often start later.
    So far no sign of Cheval Collection, Handpicked Hotels, Coast magazine, Interflora, Freeview, Divine Chocolate, Cotswold Outdoor, Decathlon, or Boots Photo.
  • MePlus4
    Forumite
    Just remembered George Foreman as well
  • oliveoyl
    oliveoyl Posts: 3,367
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Triumph underwear
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
  • AC55
    AC55 Posts: 3,575
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Remington too
    Remington is on the advent board
  • bexpw
    bexpw Posts: 1,902
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Visit Essex used to do a good one, also Yours Clothing. Maybe a few will start later on in the month..... :#
  • Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,844
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I copied the list I had from last year (Although I think Vans ended up being a scam one)
    I know that a few people have posted a fair few that I listed.
    But still many I haven't seen.
    My list: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/80435650/#Comment_80435650
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • Ms_Dee said:
    I copied the list I had from last year (Although I think Vans ended up being a scam one)
    My list: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/80435650/#Comment_80435650
    Just curious why you'd said that the Vans one turned out to be a scam? It was, I think, the only advent I won something from (though only small things - a promotional tote bag, stickers etc.) 
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,002
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Senior Ambassador
    No Fairtrade this year
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • MePlus4
    Forumite
    Your Dog and Your Cat, and there is usually a toy shop that closes at 2pm day, but can't remember the name!
  • Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,844
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Tearoma said:
    Ms_Dee said:
    Just curious why you'd said that the Vans one turned out to be a scam? It was, I think, the only advent I won something from (though only small things - a promotional tote bag, stickers etc.) 
    Ohhh I'm sure someone posted something about it being a scam or I saw it on their Facebook page saying they didn't have one. I know there was some suspicion over it. So I think I stopped entering. I'm glad you won from it and got your prize! Maybe I remembered wrong or there was a fake one alongside the real one. Apologises if I was incorrect hence why I said I thought. I put a marker next to it last year for some reason, which made me think it was that one that was iffy.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback