Gas Meter Display Screen Off Not working

maximise
maximise Posts: 141
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 9 January at 8:26PM in Energy
Any ideas on how to find out who to contact to fix this?

Tried both buttons separately just in case, neither work, no beep.

I have just moved into new home and working through to do check list:

one of those being to take meter readings, unfortunately the gas meter display screen, situated in one of the cabinets on the side of the house, wouldn't work - I've tried pressing, holding buttons A and also B just in case neither work - there is no beep upon pressing either - no idea who the gas provider is - would it be british gas or a particular energy company - how do I find out who to contact to resolve?

The utility door lock is missing on the gas meter; still intact on the electric meter so I'll be purchasing a triangular key for the door lock tomorrow, looks like screfix, b&q and the likes all sell this thankfully.

Luckily the boiler and heating system seems to be working in these freezing temps!

Comments

• Netexporter
    Netexporter Posts: 1,043
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 3 December 2023 at 12:32AM
    Press button B

If it doesn't light up then it possibly has a flat battery (although it's only 2 years old, so should be good for another ten years). Does it beep when you press the button?
  • markin
    markin Posts: 3,723
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Press button B

If it doesn't light up then it possibly has a flat battery (although it's only 2 years old, so should be good for another ten years). Does it beep when you press the button?
    Its printed on it, Press A to view index.
  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 823
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    The supplier will be whoever the previous owner had a contract with and they, the estate agent or conveyancing agent should be able to tell you.

If the meter is truly knackered, then agreeing final/opening readings could be a lot of hassle.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback