IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC/DCB Legal Court Date sent

Have followed the Newbie thread to now and have got to the stage of receiving a court date. Used the template defence.

The alleged offence by UKPC (by DCB legal) is for 'leaving site' in 2019. 

What do I need to include in my witness statement? Any good examples for similar issues? Tried to find the ones listed in the newbie thread but couldn't get on to them 

Hoping it will be discontinued like the other DCB legal ones in recent threads

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 21,920
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Why can't you "get to them"? What happens when you click on the user name with @symbol and go to their profile, then click on their threads?
  • Which court please ?

The "leaving site" scam is normal for UKPC ?

DCBL LOVE this rubbish, that's why they discontinue at the last minute because Judges will spank them for wasting the courts time

Be patient, ignore all discount offers from DCBL on their mug hunting trip

Their claim is just laughable together with their fake add-ons

The DCBL game is a great game to play .... enjoy
  • Just had an email with notice of discontinuation. Glad I waited it out and let these mugs do their normal thing 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,177
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Physiobro said:
    Just had an email with notice of discontinuation. Glad I waited it out and let these mugs do their normal thing 
    Yay! Another one for @Umkomaas

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!

Well done!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,132
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Physiobro said:
    Just had an email with notice of discontinuation. Glad I waited it out and let these mugs do their normal thing 
    Yay! Another one for @Umkomaas

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!

Well done!
    Added earlier. 🤓
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    edited 27 December 2023 at 6:58PM
    Physiobro said:

A favour PLEASE if you want this 'litigation incentivised' aggressive model to be stopped:

https://committees.parliament.uk/committee/102/justice-committee/news/198166/new-inquiry-justice-committee-launches-new-inquiry-on-the-work-of-the-county-court-amid-capacity-and-resource-concerns/

They extended the deadline until January:

https://committees.parliament.uk/work/7972/work-of-the-county-court/

I've been posting a lot about it on threads to encourage victims to tell the Justice Committee that consumers need a bespoke 'parking pre-action protocol' designed to keep cases out of court.

Your case has ruined your peace of mind for ages, only for DCB Legal to walk away when you didn't blink.

This treatment of motorists should be illegal.

The 'debt claims pre-action protocol' is not fit for purpose for these cases.  OBJECT to this and ask the Committee to insist on a proper ADR and 'private parking protocol' to resolve disputes and expose the worst scam PCNs out of court. 

The reply form intrusively asks victims to tell some random thug/rogue ex-clampers all about their household and income/financial position, assumes there is a 'debt' owed under a credit agreement - which there isn't - and the debt claims procedure doesn't match the DLUHC's incoming Code of Practice.

This inquiry is currently accepting evidence

The committee wants to hear your views. We welcome submissions from anyone with answers to the questions in the call for evidence. You can submit evidence until Wednesday 17 January 2024.

• They are abusing the court system to intimidate and try to extract money with menaces?
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    They are abusing the court system to intimidate and try to extract money with menaces?
    I'd agree with that.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback