Switching Building Society account to First Direct

I have a building society savings account with Yorkshire Building Society which I use on a regular basis, but it's not a current account. I wondered if I switched this account to First Direct if I'd qualify for their incentive switch? Does anyone know if this is possible?

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,395
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You have to switch a current account in, a savings account would not qualify (unless it was able to function like a current account i.e. could pay direct debits out etc)
  • SiliconChip
    SiliconChip Posts: 1,294
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    To benefit from the FD switch bonus you'll need to open a donor current account at another bank and meet the FD eligibility criteria.
  • The clue is in the name - Current Account Switch Service. Only current accounts can be switched. A list of participating banks/building societies can be found here:

• I have two Barclays current accounts. I would like to keep one of them. Is it possible to switch the account I am happy to 'lose' without losing the one I want to keep? Thanks
  • moorster said:
    I have two Barclays current accounts. I would like to keep one of them. Is it possible to switch the account I am happy to 'lose' without losing the one I want to keep? Thanks
    The one I want to switch doesn't have any direct debits associated with it.
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,132
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    moorster said:
    I have two Barclays current accounts. I would like to keep one of them. Is it possible to switch the account I am happy to 'lose' without losing the one I want to keep? Thanks
    Yes, the (CASS) switching service only switches the account you nominate to switch, any other accounts are not affected.

moorster said:
    moorster said:
    The one I want to switch doesn't have any direct debits associated with it.
    If you are switching for a switch incentive, you need to carefully check the T&Cs of that incentive.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback