We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Secret Santa ideas 2023 🎅

I'm after some Christmas inspiration.

Please share any ideas you've had, crafts you've made or deals you've spotted that could make a great Secret Santa gift.

It shouldn't cost much (free up to £5 or so).

Thank you. 🎁

Comments

  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 16,130
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Homepage Hero Name Dropper
    Senior Ambassador


    Bought these in Asda yesterday, £2 or £3 each
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    ARE YOU STRUGGLING DURING THE HOLIDAYS? You may find some ideas on how to cope here:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6576551/some-websites-and-helplines-if-youre-struggling-this-christmas
  • MSE_Laura_F
    MSE_Laura_F Posts: 1,598
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    MSE Staff
    These are stunning.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 19,462
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Homepage Hero Photogenic
    Senior Ambassador
    Misslayed said:


    Bought these in Asda yesterday, £2 or £3 each
    They are beautiful!
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 19,462
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Homepage Hero Photogenic
    Senior Ambassador
    edited 28 November 2023 at 5:20PM
    Homemade shortbreads, chutneys, jams or sauces. Cuttings off of plants potted up with a nice ribbon around the pot.
    I have just made a stollen cake for a friend after making the marzipan. 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 8,336
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    sarah1972 said:
    Homemade shortbreads, chutneys, jams or sauces. Cuttings off of plants potted up with a nice ribbon around the pot.
    I have just made a stollen cake for a friend after making the marzipan. 
    sarah1972 said:
    Homemade shortbreads, chutneys, jams or sauces. Cuttings off of plants potted up with a nice ribbon around the pot.
    I have just made a stollen cake for a friend after making the marzipan. 
    That sounds lovely. I didn’t like marzipan for years because always had a horrible bitter almond taste.  When I made my own it was a revelation  :)
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 19,462
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Homepage Hero Photogenic
    Senior Ambassador
    sarah1972 said:
    Homemade shortbreads, chutneys, jams or sauces. Cuttings off of plants potted up with a nice ribbon around the pot.
    I have just made a stollen cake for a friend after making the marzipan. 
    sarah1972 said:
    Homemade shortbreads, chutneys, jams or sauces. Cuttings off of plants potted up with a nice ribbon around the pot.
    I have just made a stollen cake for a friend after making the marzipan. 
    That sounds lovely. I didn’t like marzipan for years because always had a horrible bitter almond taste.  When I made my own it was a revelation  :)
    Absolutely! It’s a game changer isn’t it x 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 8,143
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    sarah1972 said:
    Homemade shortbreads, chutneys, jams or sauces. Cuttings off of plants potted up with a nice ribbon around the pot.
    I have just made a stollen cake for a friend after making the marzipan. 
    Oh yum, please may I have one!!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24bags,43dogcoats, 2scrunchies, 10mitts, 6 bootees, 8spec cases, 2 A6notebooks, 59cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones,1 blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420total spend £5.Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

    2024:Sewn:59Doggy ds,52pyramids,18 bags,6spec cases,6lav.bags.
    Knits:6covers,4hats,10mitts,2 bootees.
    Crotchet:61angels, 229cards=453 £158.55profit!!!
    2025 3dduvets
  • MSE_Laura_F
    MSE_Laura_F Posts: 1,598
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    MSE Staff
    Yummm @sarah1972 - always so impressed by your cooking and baking. 👏
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.