Currys False Advertising

Options
I recently made two purchases online with Currys. My main motivation was the fact it had been advertised as 'available to collect in store' that day. Its now three days later and when checking in store they don't have it and can't say when they will get it in. I suspect they have been leaving up the collect in store messages to prevent losing sales. Is there any way to challenge this practice?

Comments

• la531983
    la531983 Posts: 1,883 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Is it just a general "available to collect in store that day" promise, at the point you havent actually told the website which your local store is?
  • user1977
    user1977 Posts: 14,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would assume c0ck-up over conspiracy - the online stock levels aren't going to be 100% accurate. Not really something you can challenge anyway, at best it's a Trading Standards thing. Your right is to cancel your purchase.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Until you input the store you wish to collect from that message will be displayed on the site.  Once you select the store it generally says when you can actually collect.  I ordered an item recently and the message was along the lines of 'earliest availability' and date.
  • RefluentBeans
    Options
    You’ve got to remember that when you order the item, the employee has to receive the item; find the item; make sure it’s sellable; and then pick it and set it aside for you. I’m guessing your ordered over the weekend? There was a fairly big shopping event this weekend - Black Friday Weekend. 

If the item said it was available for collection the same day, then you can cancel your order and get a refund. You won’t be able to sue unless you have actual quantifiable losses. You can report the practice if you wish (but given the busy weekend, I’d believe Harlons Razor here). 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback