Holiday calculater

Hi, I've just started a new contract moving away from working within the agency but they aren't picking up my calls or answering my emails regarding holiday payments i have left to be paid.

I started on the 21st of June 2023 and it ended on Friday 17th of November 2023, For the first 12 weeks  I was informed that you get half a day for a week, then after 12 weeks, it goes to 0.7.

i have taken 1 days holiday plus the 
26 August bank holiday since starting 

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,364
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    So that's 21.2 weeks in total I believe.

So 6 days for the first 12 weeks and 6.4 for the next 9+ weeks = 12.4 days.  

You've taken 2 days so that leaves at least 10.4 to be paid.  

The .5 day per week works out at 26 days holiday a year so what might effect things is whether they think this includes bank holidays or not.  Frankly I think it can't as there are normally 8 bank holidays a year and to say you only get 18 days holiday otherwise is below the statutory minimum for working full time.  Getting .7 days per week however brings the annual allowance up to 36 days which quite easily could include the bank holidays. 

The reason I mention this is that I don't know if you would normally be allowed .5 holiday per week plus bank holidays so it's possible that you are owed for 11 days and not 10.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Hi, I've just started a new contract moving away from working within the agency but they aren't picking up my calls or answering my emails regarding holiday payments i have left to be paid.

I started on the 21st of June 2023 and it ended on Friday 17th of November 2023, For the first 12 weeks  I was informed that you get half a day for a week, then after 12 weeks, it goes to 0.7.

i have taken 1 days holiday plus the 26 August bank holiday since starting 
    Statutory allowance (which is legal minimum) works out at 12.069% of hours worked.
    So how many hours did you work from 21 June to 17 November?
    How many hours pay did you receive in respect of that August bank holiday and one other day?
  • Hi, I've just started a new contract moving away from working within the agency but they aren't picking up my calls or answering my emails regarding holiday payments i have left to be paid.

i have taken 1 days holiday plus the 26 August bank holiday since starting 
    Statutory allowance (which is legal minimum) works out at 12.069% of hours worked.
    So how many hours did you work from 21 June to 17 November?
    How many hours pay did you receive in respect of that August bank holiday and one other day?
    yup  a  rule of thumb is also  1 hours of leave for  every 9 and a bit  hours worked  ( i .e.  'reversing' the fraction that  give nthe 12 and a bit %  figure General Grant  quotes
  • penners324
    penners324 Posts: 2,603
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Email the agency requesting they pay the holiday on final payment and send your p45
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback