Videndum, open offer

The offer is to buy 290 shares at 267, whilst the price of the shares are 328 today.
Looks like a good offer, why so cheap? Surely even 280 would be a good price. 

Comments

• Prism
    Prism Posts: 3,784
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    It was the current price when they made the offer. It has gone up since due to demand
  • wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,117
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 23 November 2023 at 8:41PM
    The offer is to buy 290 shares at 267, whilst the price of the shares are 328 today.
    Looks like a good offer, why so cheap? Surely even 280 would be a good price. 
    I don't know anything about it but from its five year chart it looks like a dud.

Seems like it's been badly affected by the Hollywood writers' strike. Is this over yet or will it be soon?

This makes it sound iffy but as the capital raise has happened/will happen I guess it's now on a surer footing, from Investors' Chronicle in September:

"However, chief executive Stephen Bird said Videndum has “strong relationships” with lenders, which have renegotiated banking covenants to give it more headroom. He said the company is “looking at options to reduce leverage or recapitalise the business, and this may require an equity raise”."

https://www.investorschronicle.co.uk/news/2023/09/26/videndum-needs-to-clear-up-picture-on-finances/

• Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 1,228
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Once the shares from the placing and open offer are admitted to the market. Then the market price will adjust accordingly. 
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,800
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    wmb194 said:
    I don't know anything about it but from its five year chart it looks like a dud.

Seems like it's been badly affected by the Hollywood writers' strike. Is this over yet or will it be soon?

This makes it sound iffy but as the capital raise has happened/will happen I guess it's now on a surer footing, from Investors' Chronicle in September:

It was recommended by the experts  :D in IC, so I bought some, they canceled the dividend, the share price did recover when the strike had good news, but it's not totally over.
    My experience with open offers is not good, I bought at the end of Sept, so around 20% down at the moment.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback