MONEY MORAL DILEMMA: Should Robbie kick up a fuss?

13»

Comments

• dronid
    dronid Posts: 599
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    If I was Gary, I would be in the 'cab for two' and see who wanted to join me. If no one did then I would know what kind of friends I had.

If I was Robbie I would wonder why Gary thought the two of us could afford it more than the others.

And if I lived in London, as I do, I'd get a nightbus with my Oyster card.

Much cheaper!

I could make it better myself at home. All I need is a small aubergine...

I moved to Liverpool for a better life.
    And goodness, it's turned out to be better and busier!
  • bandraoi
    bandraoi Posts: 1,261 Forumite
    trejoy wrote: »
    Obviously they should all pay the same,
    True but for the whole night, averaged over every night they go out.
    If they're friends these things should balance out over rounds/taxis/entry fees/chips etc.
  • No. I think Take That made enough money on new years eve to save worrying about 6 quid.
  • denvore
    denvore Posts: 56 Forumite
    It's worth remembering that when you pay for a taxi, you are not just paying for the petrol/costs etc, but paying for the service. A slightly more personal service can be provided to 2 passengers than 3 (more legroom etc), so those in the less cramped taxi should expect to pay a bit more. Not that this really matters after a night out (you just want to get home), but the bottom line is that they've shared a taxi between 2, as opposed to 3 - they've enjoyed the benefits, therefore they should pay the price.
    Obviously, next time they all go out it should be someone else's turn to enjoy the extra comfort and pay the extra price.
  • worbikeman
    worbikeman Posts: 2,971 Forumite
    You cant really argue about cab fares cos evry1 has a different place to go back to anyway, you'd be there til next xmas working out the mileage....

They should go out New Year's eve somewhere within staggering distance cos I probably woulda put all me cash over the bar by then! :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure