Keighley and Ilkley

Options
HI!
I'll be in Keighley and Ilkley on a Monday in a couple of weeks, and I have a few hours to kill between 9 and 3. I've tried looking at Museums like Cliffe Castle, Bronte Parsonage and Ilkley Manor, but they are all closed on Mondays.
Any suggestions as to what I can do to entertain myself in the area? Preferably free or cheap. Thanks!! 

Comments

• daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,546 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 22 November 2023 at 5:22PM
    Options
    You are correct that many museums are closed on Monday.  I'd suggest Saltaire, but Salts Mill is also closed!

If you go a little further to Skipton the Craven Museum and Skipton Castle are both open.
  • jimbo6977
    jimbo6977 Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Monday is also market day in Skipton. 
  • WeAreGhosts
    Options
    Skipton is more geared up to tourists, especially in winter.
    The castle should be open, there's a lovely church next door too. Skipton Woods are just behind the castle, free to walk through, decent paths. The small Craven Museum and Gallery (free) is in the Town Hall. Plenty of pubs, cafes, the canal for a wander.
  • Flugelhorn
    Flugelhorn Posts: 5,624 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    definitely market and the woods in Skipton will kill a few hours. If you like antiques / vintage shops then there are a few around (used to be nice one at Cullingworth Mill) 
  • Eldi_Dos
    Eldi_Dos Posts: 1,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The library looks like a nice place to spend a couple of hours, building looks interesting.
  • margaeyre
    Options
    Thanks to all your suggestions. It's a pity I have to go on a Monday. Weather permitting I'll drive up to Skipton, and I'll also visit the library.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback