Recommended 'burner' bank account for switching bonuses needed

I need a recommendation for a retail bank I can open a current account for online that will never offer switching bonuses, so I can use this as a bank to switch away from to start getting switching bonuses.  TIA

Comments

• PinstripePhantom
    PinstripePhantom Posts: 41
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 20 November 2023 at 9:51AM
    Easiest would be to open a second current account with whoever you currently bank with; I've opened 3 burner accounts with Halifax in quick succession when the NatWest/RBS/Ulster offer was on, no hard credit search as was already a customer and had the new account details available to me straight away. Other easy to open current accounts are Monzo (they sometimes do a £10 referral bonus) or Starling (no cash referral bonus).

Hard to say who will never offer switching bonuses, Barclays had never offered a switching bonus until they did for the first time at the beginning of this month. Nothing stopping you opening one with a bank even if they do offer switch bonuses frequently as most of them say you can't have had a bonus since X date rather than you can't have had an account etc. (except HSBC/First Direct, don't open a new account with them if you intend on getting a switch bonus from them I'm future.)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback