IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Parking Eye Copy Directions Questionnaire Received

Options
2»

Comments

• mamazaac
    Options
    No you can't use Chan, as i said:
    I see that your claim stated that the alleged breach was 'parking without authorisation' 

Now there's one urgent thing to do.

What you are dealing with is a hidden scandal affecting hundreds of thousands of good people every year.  Please please please also find time to do this new Call for Evidence this month, to change things forever:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/80375249/#Comment_80375249

The Committee invites evidence on:

• The causes of action giving rise to claims in the County Court

• What future reforms to the County Court should be considered.

Please tell them about your case.

Tell them that private parking firms and their bulk litigators are the problem as far as small claims delays are concerned, as they dominate court lists. Parking claim numbers are rising every year and will make up about a third of all small claims in 2023, based on the 2022 figures that the MoJ divulged in the DLUHC's recent Parking Code of Practice Call for Evidence:

https://www.gov.uk/government/calls-for-evidence/private-parking-code-of-practice-call-for-evidence#:~:text=The%20call%20for%20evidence%20is,help%20the%20decision%2Dmaking%20process.

The MoJ must now be informed to urgently separate parking cases with a new pre-action protocol (requiring use of ADR instead of inflated debt demands and bulk litigators who want court).

It should be a last resort but it's the first aim of bulk litigators taking over the small claims track.

Please tell the Committee that the whole private parking legislative framework needs to be removed from the wholly unfair 'debt claims pre-action protocol' which uses a terrible set of 'debt reply' forms that inappropriately asked you how many people were in your household and to fill in whether you can 'afford' to pay a scam PCN or not!

Appalling that ex-clampers can ask that.
    Completely irrelevant to disputed rogue PCNs.
    Ideally, parking cases should NEVER go to county court and should not be able to affect people's credit rating, probably millions of times in recent years.

Interested parties have until 14 December to make a submission to the committee.
    Submitted :-)
  • mamazaac
    Options
    So, today I have received another letter from PE offering to reduce the sum of £205 they are seeking to recover to £70. Seems to me that they don't think they are likely to succeed and are trying to cut their losses - do you agree?
  • mamazaac
    mamazaac Posts: 659 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 February at 3:05PM
    Options
    Help, what do I do now?! Further to previous chats on this thread, I received a Directions Questionnaire to complete and so I checked all the instructions on the forum and emailed my completed Questionnaire to the CCBCAQ@justice.gov.uk address.  I duly received an acknowledgement of receipt by email, however, today I have received a further email saying that my email has been deleted without being read and, of course, the date for submitting the Questionnaire has now long since passed! On Friday, I received an email from scmreferrals@justice.gov.uk saying a date for Mediation has been set (I said in the Directions Questionnaire I did not want mediation) and it says I can reply to that saying mediation isn't suitable, so should I also send a copy of my completed Directions Questionnaire to that email address? As ever, your advice would be very much appreciated, I am now quite worried that it will go against me that they didn't read my Directions Questionnaire.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,955 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Forward the bounced email back to the right email address (same one you sent it to first time) and tell them to update MCOL to show the DQ was properly filed & served and stop favouring and prioritising 'rogue' bulk litigator Claimants by letting their useless system delete time-bound Defendant emails.

Separately decline Mediation.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mamazaac
    Options
    Forward the bounced email back to the right email address (same one you sent it to first time) and tell them to update MCOL to show the DQ was properly filed & served and stop favouring and prioritising 'rogue' bulk litigator Claimants by letting their useless system delete time-bound Defendant emails.

Separately decline Mediation.
    Thank you, should I also post back the DQ with a covering letter explaining that I originally sent it by email within the requisite timescale?
  • mamazaac
    Options
    Hi, I just wanted to say a huge thank you for everyone's help. I am pleased to say that I have received a Cancellation Notice from Parking Eye. Lucky I did, because the second N180 I emailed to the CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk was rejected again with another email saying it hadn't been read (I have posted a warning on the Template Defence thread for other users).
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    What did your subject line say exactly? I suspect something in the subject line put it into their junk.

ParkingEye have discontinued the claim?
  • mamazaac
    Options
    My subject line said "Defendant Directions Questionnaire re Claim K9FC0Q8D". Yes, happily, ParkingEye have written to say they have cancelled the claim. I suspect they realised that, because Mecca had asked them to cancel it and they had ignored that, they did not really have a leg to stand on.

• Coupon-mad
    Options
    Subject line looks fine. How odd.

ANYWAY: CONGRATS!

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!
  • Debszzzz2
    Debszzzz2 Posts: 248 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 3 March at 7:44PM
    Options
    FYI, the email address for a DQ is now dq.cnbc@justice.gov.uk. All you would need to put in the subject is the claim number.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure