Shell Energy 3% fuel discount

Now then.
Just reading about Shell Energy being bought out by Octopus.  Will I become an Octopus customer or will Shell Energy be just part of the Octopus group?  I ask because being a Shell Energy customer, I get 3% discount on my first 60ltr of fuel per month from a Shell petrol station.  Will I loose that?

Comments

• Maybe a twitter message for Octopus customer services?

Shell are exiting the market and with no link to Octopus that I know of I would expect you to lose this unless it's specifically part of a contract you have with shell with either an end or no end date.

Interesting question 
    "I can lead you to the money saving well but cannot make you drink from it"

As mum always said "don't respond to imbeciles just ignore them" wise words mum 
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,760
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    It's not much of a perk because Shell's fuel is usually more expensive than other suppliers.  Just look at the Petrol Prices site or app.
    As Shell won't be supplying electricity or gas I wouldn't expect them to continue any previous cross promotions, there would be no benefit to them.
  • JerryW
    JerryW Posts: 291
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Now then.
    Just reading about Shell Energy being bought out by Octopus.  Will I become an Octopus customer or will Shell Energy be just part of the Octopus group?  I ask because being a Shell Energy customer, I get 3% discount on my first 60ltr of fuel per month from a Shell petrol station.  Will I loose that?

I expect that to go; but it is hard to see how that was ever a benefit, since local shell garages are invariably far more than 3p more expensive than most..
    If what I said helped you, please "Thank" the relevant post. It cheers me up somewhat..
  • JerryW said:
    Now then.

I expect that to go; but it is hard to see how that was ever a benefit, since local shell garages are invariably far more than 3p more expensive than most..
    There's a reason shell forecourts don't go out of business they are at the luxury end of the fuel market.

I used to run cars specifically designed to run on Shell V power. It struggled on anything less so the 3p would have been handy. I now drive diesel wagons how times have changed and I don't overly care what I put in them.

"I can lead you to the money saving well but cannot make you drink from it"

As mum always said "don't respond to imbeciles just ignore them" wise words mum 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback