Wall mounted shower head holder install

Hi, extremely inexperienced DIYer. I have a Viborg wall mounted shower head holder but it didn’t come with any instructions. I don’t see how to install. Help please 

Comments

• GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,318
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Does it come with a hex key?

No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • No it just came with screws and rawl plugs. Should it come apart if I had a hex key?
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,497
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Ambassador
    edited 14 November 2023 at 4:27PM
    You unscrew the hex headed screw with an allen key and the back plate comes out. You then screw that plate to the wall, making sure it is the right way up(!) and reattach the bracket to it using the same hex headed screw. The screw will almost certainly be at the bottom.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Amazing thanks so much. Will get a hex key tomorrow 
  • Hi,
    if hex screw not too tight you might be able to remove it with a small flat bladed screwdriver.
    Cover drain hole in tray to avoid losing hex screw.
  • Eldi_Dos
    Eldi_Dos Posts: 1,486
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If you grip the plate with the screw and the part with the writting on it and twist in opposite directions they should unscrew apart.
    This will leave you with the base plate and wall plate which you will need to undo screw to seperate, once done attach base plate to wall with screws provided then reattach plates using the hex headed screw, as said above it would be best to instal with hex screw at bottom so water does not sit in it.
    Their are pictures of it on Amazon showing it disassembled which may help.
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,497
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Ambassador
    Hi,
    if hex screw not too tight you might be able to remove it with a small flat bladed screwdriver.
    Cover drain hole in tray to avoid losing hex screw.
    Sound advice there, probably from experience!  :)

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• ThisIsWeird
    ThisIsWeird Posts: 4,458
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Louise, the wall it's going on, what's it made from?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback