large increase in overseas buyers

In the past week or two I've noticed the number of overseas sellers has increased significantly. I've also had a fair proportion of buyers using GSP but these current buyers have been the old fashioned 'send to a shipping company at Heathrow' type, I'd stopped getting these  in the past year or so.

I've had about 1 in 4 or 5 packages these past few days going C/O a unit or shipping company with all sorts of references and codes showing on the label.

I'm obviously very grateful for the sales, my items both on my business account and on my private accounts are not necessities, they are all the type of thing you buy to remember older times or to recreate your childhood - or as gifts, nothing is 'necessary' and the slowdown in the economy has hit these kind of sales across all my platforms.

It's just odd to see a pattern developing. 
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback