Octopus Replacement SMETS2 Gas meter issues

Stormy
Stormy Posts: 387
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hello,

I had a replacement Gas Meter along with a replacement Electricity Meter back in September. Initially the Gas Meter was not set up correctly and was not paired with the EM. This was fixed mid October (with a visit for someone to manually pair it at the meter) and I started to see readings for this Gas Meter in the Octopus app (and in the Loop App) after this point. (The EM has worked fine all the time).

I am finding now EVERY single week, Octopus seem to lose connection or access or whatever word we choose to call it to the Gas meter, and the app no longer shows Gas consumption (Loop App shows usage absolutely fine from day one of the meter being paired).

I then end up contacting Octopus again and they "kick" something and it works for that week but, without fail, come the next week the connection will be lost again and we repeat the cycle. This has gone on four weeks now and I ended up manually submitting my reading as the bill was due.

How can Octopus not be getting the data automatically when Loop is getting it fine, don't they use the same DCC network access?

Octopus don't seem to be able to fix it.

I am confused.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure