IRT changes??!

I seeing that Hunt might well change the IRT rates and include people's allowance to £500k rather than the £325k as of now.  We already have a will for my parent leaving the house to direct children so effectively already get £500k. 

We wont actually get £500k PLUS another £175k will we?? Isnt this just managing estates of people who havent done a will? 

Comments

• Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,048
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Bolt1234 said:
    I seeing that Hunt might well change the IRT rates and include people's allowance to £500k rather than the £325k as of now.  We already have a will for my parent leaving the house to direct children so effectively already get £500k. 

We wont actually get £500k PLUS another £175k will we?? Isnt this just managing estates of people who havent done a will? 

I presume you mean IHT.

Nothing to do with whether or not people have done a will; it would apply equally to cases of intestacy.

No point speculating on what might happen when those making the rules haven't a clue themselves. The Autumn Statement might shed a bit more light on these 'proposals' but until then it's guesswork.
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback