New Tenant Rent Reporting App tlyfe by TDS and OpenBrix - any good?

Options
Has anyone used the new tylfe app? I'm considering it after receiving an email from TDS but I already report my rent to two of the three credit reporting agencies using Canopy and Credit Ladder and am wondering if I can get the third or even consolidate them all into one app for free. I can't find any reviews of the new app online, hence why I'm asking here. Is it actually free? How many credit agencies can you report to? The app page is sparse on info. If it is a good option, it could be added to the "How to improve your credit score" page.

Comments

• Poet1291
    Poet1291 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    For anyone else potentially interested, I made an account to see how much it cost. At the time of posting, it is £8/month for rent reporting to Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. There are cheaper options, such as Canopy is £7/month for the 3 credit agencies, or 1 for free. CreditLadder offers the main three plus Crediva for £5/month billed annually or £8/month for month-to-month. There are some free and paid-for reward options via tylfe, but not worth the effort for me.
  • CliveOfIndia
    CliveOfIndia Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Just my personal opinion, but it seems a bit bonkers to me to be shelling out cash just to build up a credit history.  You can get the same result for free by using a credit card properly.
    Apply for a credit-builder card, and as long as you're accepted then just use it each month for essential purchases (food, petrol, whatever).  When the statement arrives, pay the balance in full, every month, without fail.  This will, over time, build up a favourable credit history at zero cost to you.
    You'll likely find that you're initially offered a low credit limit and a very high APR.  The low limit doesn't matter (obviously don't exceed the limit), and the high APR is irrelevant as you won't be paying interest if you pay the bill in full every month.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback