British Gas Peak Save not being applied

Options
I received email confirmation on 26 / 10 / 23  from BG that due to technical issues they could not apply their new peak save discount but would apply a discounted rate that would show on my next invoice. Two things wrong with this, firstly I received an invoice statement up to 13th Nov and no discount applied. Also if they can read my smart meter readings what is the technical issue they claim is happening !

Comments

• MultiFuelBurner
    MultiFuelBurner Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 13 November 2023 at 8:17AM
    Options
    Have a check that your smart meter reports to apps like Hugo loop or bright and here

https://energy.guylipman.com/sm/home

Easiest way is to raise a complaint with BG and follow that process through.
  • MattMattMattUK
    Options
    I received email confirmation on 26 / 10 / 23  from BG that due to technical issues they could not apply their new peak save discount but would apply a discounted rate that would show on my next invoice. Two things wrong with this, firstly I received an invoice statement up to 13th Nov and no discount applied. Also if they can read my smart meter readings what is the technical issue they claim is happening !
    Sometimes there are delays in getting the thirty minute data, it could be that they have the overall billing data (difference between meter read A and meter read B), but they do not have the half hourly data that they need for the Peak Save promotion so they need to wait for that to be able to process the credit. 
  • frugalmacdugal
    Options
    Hi,
    have you got smart meter settings at every half hour?
  • carbarundum
    Options
    Does British Gas set readings to half hourly? I’m querying the peak save as there are no units used on any Sunday for me to work out whether it’s a scam but every Sunday has been .50p saving? (2 loads of laundry 2 dishwashers and 2 lots of tumble dry plus the usual other things hoovering fridge freezer shower….during 11-4 so half hour readings will show total units used for transparency on the bill surely)they r messed up my account since October moving me to a platform nobody seems to understand, changing bill date not sending any bills for November or December until I called 2 January and messing up every months since incident my bills going up unusually, 
  • carbarundum
    Options
    Meant to say, eldctricity units, also that was on 4 Sundays not all of them 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback