Home insurance

Options
Hi

What home insurance providers have the best history of paying out?

many thanks

Comments

• HumberFlyer
    Options
    Who would know the answer to that ?..... unless  they google for you "What home insurance providers have the best history of paying out" which you could do .... jus' sayin'  ;)

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    What home insurance providers have the best history of paying out?
    Probably the likes of Hiscox but then their premiums reflect the level of cover given
  • frankersBri
    Options
    The FCA publishes some data on claims acceptance rates as part of the product value data it collects from insurers. Is shown by underwriter and gives an idea of the percentage of claims each underwriter accepts.

https://www.fca.org.uk/publications/data/general-insurance-value-measures-data-2022#lf-chapter-id-data-tables

But of course rejected claims are ones that are not covered by the policy. So if there's specific things you want to ensure you are covered for, ensure you read the details of the product you are considering buying. 
    May 2020 opening: £181,500, 21 year term. £14k additional borrowing December 2021
    Current balance: £153,493 (inc. offset in savings)
    MFW #37. Aiming to pay off by December 2033
    2023 OPs: £2,049.05
  • AmberC591
    AmberC591 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options

I found when I needed to make an Insurance claim that my insurer wasn't very helpful. A friend gave me the number for a company called Oakleafe Claims. There were amazing. They done everything for me and settled my claim quickly.

Defo recommend. 

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Spamtasic! 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts