Rawl plugs

Are these some kind of rawl plugs? How best to remove them?

Or are they something else perhaps electrical........?

Comments

• That looks like a gripIt plasterboard fixing, if you tap the wall does it sound hollow?
     If so knock it in and fill over.
    Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,497
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Ambassador
    They look like Rawl plugs - do they feel like them?
    You could put an oversize screw part way into one and lever it out using a pair of pliers and a piece of wood to protect the wall. BUT it is almost inevitable that a lump of plaster will come away with each one.
    Or you could try drilling the top bit out with something like a countersink drill to make a hole you can fill.
    That's why it's always a good idea to put Rawl plugs in a little deeper than the wall surface.  :)

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• mr_vampy
    mr_vampy Posts: 242
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You have the Gripit-red fixing.
    https://www.gripitfixings.co.uk/products/gripit-red 
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,497
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Ambassador
    mr_vampy said:
    Good info from someone who knows!
    The Gripit website tells you how to remove them too!

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,496
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    To remove your Gripit from the wall, remove the screw/bolt and any attached hooks, brackets etc. Turn the centre of the Gripit a quarter rotation anti-clockwise with a screwdriver to close the wings. Then use your fingers, a flathead screwdriver or similar to gently pry the edge of the Gripit collar out of the wall.

https://www.gripitfixings.co.uk/pages/faqs

• Brilliant! Thanks all!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport