Royal Mail Scam!!!!!!!

Options
Jedi_Knight_2
Jedi_Knight_2 Posts: 4 Newbie
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 9 November 2023 at 1:40PM in Praise, vent & warnings
I am in shock! 

I can no longer trust the Royal Mail for delivery’s. 

I tell you why. 

Mail that is coming to my house that needs either Photo or Signed for is no longer the case! 

Photos of my front garden floor and forged signature! 

I am finding my parcels left on the doorstep for anyone to take! 

I have reported this to the postoffice and NOTHING has been done. They don’t care! 

Now anytime I have a parcels that won’t fit through the post box I have started to redirect them to my local postoffice. Thank the lord that my local post office is just down my road. 

How dare the Royal Mail sign for my private mail! I don’t give anyone permission to do this! 

What is the point of the royal charging people for signed for when the post man signs for you and then leave your post for anyone to take!! 

When I have a delivery for a courier they wait until you open the door and then take a photograph of your door with it being open receiving your goods. Or leaving it with a neighbour. 

Taking to my local postoffice counter clerk told me that it’s happening everywhere!!!

The only thing that they deliver with your actual signature is the special guarantee delivery! 

Even with the stamp swop out it costs me over 50pence more using my stamps than using digital l. 

I will never trust Royal Mail again and will try to avoid. 

Comments

• Baron_Dale
    Baron_Dale Posts: 1,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 9 November 2023 at 11:50AM
    Options
    What an over reaction! My postman know if I am out, he puts any parcel in my designated safe place as do all other couriers. Much better than having to go to the sorting offer or wait longer. Maybe talk to your postman. I do regularly and we have become friends. It all helps. Now calm down!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,783 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    edited 9 November 2023 at 12:02PM
    Options
    la531983 said:
    Where is the scam, please?
    I'd like to see the answer to this question.

OP
    Have any of your parcels been stolen when left on your doorstep?
    The OP Jedi_Knight_2 said:
    I have reported this to the postoffice and NOTHING has been done. They don’t care! 

Exactly what response did you get from the 'postoffice'?

Have you reported it to Royal Mail? They are the people who deliver your mail. Not the 'postoffice'.
    It may help if you speak to the organisation responsible for mail deliveries.

Taking to my local postoffice counter clerk told me that it’s happening everywhere!!!

It's definitely not happening here.

This thread is better suited to this board:
    Praise, vent & warnings — MoneySavingExpert Forum
  • the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    the_lunatic_is_in_my_head Posts: 7,738 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 November 2023 at 12:02PM
    Options

You need to speak with your local Royal Mail depot if you are experiencing delivery issues, the Post Office can't assist with issues such as this :) 

Most couriers stopped getting signatures during Covid and really it's an outdated concept. The PDAs now have cameras and record the GPS data at the point of scan which is far better than a squiggle in box, I do wonder why they actually still sell Signed For. 

Royal Mail are trying to compete with the other couriers whilst having to have delivery staff on salary, rather than better working conditions from the other couriers bring standards up, Royal Mail are dropping down to the lowest common denominator, such are the joys of this capitalist ideal we've come to accept. 

With all couriers it really depends on who does the last leg, currently RM, Yodel and Evri are relatively good where we live, DPD on the other hand are completely rubbish. 
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,635 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I have some sympathy with the OP.  If they haven't agreed for the package to be left with a neighbour or in a 'safe place' it should not be dumped at the property. A card should be left and the package returned to the sorting office for collection.  We took a package in yesterday for a neighbour.  He was very apologetic when he came to collect it as they have told Royal Mail time and again not to leave packages with neighbours.  It's not that he doesn't trust us, he doesn't want to bother us.  He has also told RM where his 'safe place' is and even when they do leave his packages they are never left there, just dumped on his doorstep.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    Where’s the scam!!!!!!! ?
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,783 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    TELLIT01 said:
    I have some sympathy with the OP.  If they haven't agreed for the package to be left with a neighbour or in a 'safe place' it should not be dumped at the property. A card should be left and the package returned to the sorting office for collection.  We took a package in yesterday for a neighbour.  He was very apologetic when he came to collect it as they have told Royal Mail time and again not to leave packages with neighbours.  It's not that he doesn't trust us, he doesn't want to bother us.  He has also told RM where his 'safe place' is and even when they do leave his packages they are never left there, just dumped on his doorstep.
    I do too.

But complaining to the wrong organisation is a waste of time.

And any post that screams 'con', 'rip-off' or 'scam' when it's nothing of the sort never goes down well on public forums.
    Nor does excessive punctuation marks.

Maybe the OP could complain to Royal Mail and come back and let us know what response they get from the organisation that is actually responsible for delivery of their parcels.
  • Clive_Woody
    Clive_Woody Posts: 5,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Where’s the scam!!!!!!! ?
    I guess if the person sending the package paid extra for signed delivery (compared to regular 1st class post) then their expectation is that the recipient  is the one signing not the delivery guy from Royal Mail signing and then dumping the parcel on the front step if no one is home.

Paying for a service that suggests increased security but essentially getting the same service as standard post...apart from the postie signing his own device to say it's delivered is pretty misleading. Scam might be a bit harsh. The RM website does state "signature on delivery", which is pretty vague and makes no mention of whose signature will be obtained, but this is sold as a more secure option for sending items, which it sounds like it isn't.
    "We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about” – Albert Einstein
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,425 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Royal Mail stopped getting signatures during covid. Items were not handed over , but put on doorstep, to avoid passing on any infection. They have not changed that system. 
    Very recently Royal Mail announced the closure of many sorting offices . My local one is now a bus ride away for those without a car  and only open from 8am  to 10 am. M- F , 8am to 12 noon on Saturday. 
    Fortunately, the local post office have offered their address as a drop off address as. a service to customers. 
  • LightFlare
    LightFlare Posts: 619 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 10 November 2023 at 9:11AM
    Options
    Pollycat said:

Nor does excessive punctuation marks.

I work with someone who does the same thing with every message they send on Teams -- it gets very irritating, very quickly.

I know its a little thing that should be easy to just ignore, but it seems like its actually intentional effort on their end for no particular end gain
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure