Boundary wall end of the garden

2»

Comments

• The boundary on the deeds is the bottom of our garden. It definitely doesn't include the footpath 
  • Twopenny - we have a couple of pillars in our garden and our side of the wall is in good condition. The footpath side isn't the best and it's not just the part behind my house but the entire length of this section of wall going behind three houses plus a bit further to a point off the main footpath. It's the bottom three or four rows of bricks that appear to have no mortar in at all and when I looked a few weeks ago there where one or two bricks missing but no sign of them anywhere, now there are several more. 

It's just a worry.
  • Section62
    Section62 Posts: 7,757 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    The boundary on the deeds is the bottom of our garden. It definitely doesn't include the footpath 
    Deed plans aren't always 100% accurate, and won't necessarily include ownership of land now used for highway purposes within the red-line boundary.  Most of the time the point is moot as there's nothing you can do with the highway land other than use it in the same way as any other member of the public.

But when it comes to a dispute about walls and fences (especially retaining walls) the ownership of the freehold land beneath the highway can become quite important.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,145 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If the houses further along the wall have carried out repairs/changes knock on their doors and ask them who if anybody ownes the wall ,if nothing gets you to meet all the people in the street.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback