IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Am I doing the right thing?

Options
(I have read the Newbies threads at the time I got the Parking Charge Notice from Euro Car Parks and again now.)
There is a lot of information to take in on there so apologies if I missed something that would have saved this thread?. 

*Got the Parking Charge Notice in November 2021 - 2 years ago
*Ignored it.
*Ex was driving my car and put his own car registration in by mistake.
*Still have the paid parking ticket for that just in case.
*Recently got a letter from ZZPS and a text from QDR Solicitors with a link but I don't want to confirm my details to view it. 
*Looked into who owns the car park but unsure. I could try the businesses it it outside of and see what they say - if it is not too late?
*Don't have any of the original letters because I split up with my ex and no longer live with him at the property, possibly could have binned them as haven't heard anything for over a year until now. 

I am not too sure what to do other than as I said, try to find the land owner and speak to them? 
Is there anything else I can do or just wait and see if it goes to court?
Is it possible to have domestic abuse as mitigating circumstances? (I have proof of this).

Thanks!

Comments

• UncleThomasCobley
    Options
    If you can find the landowner, they can instruct their agent (the PPC) to cancel the PCN at any point up to the issuance of a claim.

For now, as advised in the Newbies/FAQ thread, you ignore all debt collector letters and only need to respond if you receive an LoC/LBC. You will know if it is an LoC/LBC because it will give you 30 days (nothing giving you 14 days is an LoC/LBC) and must state that it is an Loc/LBC and provide other details as explained in the PAP for debt claims as noted here:

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/pdf/protocols/debt-pap.pdf

In particular para #3 tells you what must be included in an LoC/LBC. If/when you do receive an LoC/LBC, do not fill in any forms. You should respond robustly telling them to show you strict proof of anything they are alleging and that you deny there is any debt. You can be a snotty as you like to the roboclaim vermin that issue these letters.

If you want, you can request that the matter be put on hold for at least 30 days for debt advice even though no debt is admitted. The delay is not really required in most cases though and just delays things unnecessarily.

If you ignore an LoC/LBC then you can expect a claim from the CNBC and that is something you absolutely must not ignore. All the advice you need if/when you receive an LoC/LBC or a claim is in the second post of the Newbies/FAQ thread.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,973 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 6 November 2023 at 8:13PM
    Options
    Wait for the QDR LBC to arrive by post, then contact them and give the name & a recent postal address of the driver.

State that he was driving your car and put his own car registration in by mistake.  Attach a pic of the paid parking ticket which you kept just in case.  Tell them to transfer liability and take the matter up with the driver.

OR if you are better at seeing off scams and don't want to inflict this on your ex:

Again, wait for the LBC then robustly respond with a copy of the paid ticket and say it was a keying error by the driver, who was not you.  Tell them you do not think their client can hold you liable and you want a copy of the NTK, and the subsequent reminder(s) sent by their client.*

No need to name him if you choose this option. 

But either way, at LBC stage make it clear it wasn't you driving, as this may help the defence.

We win cases and there is no CCJ risk as long as you (or your ex if you transfer liability) do not ignore a court claim.

* unless you already have them. I am not talking about the ZZPS letters.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • matahina_uk
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to leave me some advice!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,973 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to leave me some advice!
    Which one are you going to do? Defend it yourself or transfer liability?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • matahina_uk
    matahina_uk Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, I haven’t heard anything since the letter mentioned above and then had a call from ZZPS today! They asked to ask me some security questions and I said no sorry and ended the call. Not sure if that was the correct thing to do or not! I have no love for my ex as they have been quite vindictive to me so I have no qualms in passing this off to them really. Whichever gives me the least hassle really! 
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have no love for my ex as they have been quite vindictive to me so I have no qualms in passing this off to them really. Whichever gives me the least hassle really! 
    Then follow the guidance offered you last November.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback