Duplicate CCJ Showing on report

Hi, I am new here and hoping to get some help with rebuilding my credit file and life  :)

I have had a bit of a disastrous few years following a series of strokes, my business failed I ended up going bankrupt.  I tried to restart by business again and had another stroke so had to give up again and ended up bankrupt again  :/

I am now just at the beginning of trying to look at what I need to do both now and in the future... I have signed up to Clearscore to view my file and look at just how bad the mess is and I have noticed that I have a duplicate of a CCJ that I received.  The only difference is the date because I defended it but ultimately lost it.

Would I need to contact the court to point out the error and ask them to remove it or each of the reporting companies?

Thanks in advance for your help  :)

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,178
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    If it's showing the same court reference then the cra should be able to remove it as an obvious duplicate
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The CRA's should be able to sort it out. However if they say they are separate and not simply a duplicate then you may need to contact the court concerned, it is probably an administrative error and the Court might have reported it with the appeal reference number rather than the original claim reference number. This can sometimes happen where the original was done through the bulk centre CCBC and the appeal at your local court.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback