Relevant Life Policy and Divorce
I have a Relevant Life Policy for a company where I am the life insured and I am the sole director and employee of the company. The policy is set in a discretionary trust.
One of the trustee is my ex with whom I am now divorced.
- Can anyone please advise will my ex still be eligible for a payout in the event of my death even if we have legally divorced?
2. I would like to change the Trustee to my new partner, but it still requires the consent and signature of the ex partner on the Deed of Appointment/Retirement of Trustees form. Any suggestions to get around this? Would a decree absolute be sufficient to retire ex from the trustee?
3. Does anyone have similar experience please?
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449K Spending & Discounts
- 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
- 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.3K Life & Family
- 246.7K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards