payments via marketplace

I am selling a record for £35  what is the safest way I can receive payment please.  Thank you

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,883
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    bhindi said:
    I am selling a record for £35  what is the safest way I can receive payment please.  Thank you
    If you are posting then PayPal goods and services is probably going to be what the buyer wants , and that’s fine if you know what you are doing alternatively a bank transfer but a lot of buyers won’t use them as they have no protection. if you are wanting buyer to collect then cash. 

If posting remember that you need fully tracked and insured postage as you are responsible for loss or damage, however the buyer pays . 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • bhindi
    bhindi Posts: 74
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hi, sorry what do you mean re paypal goods and services is fine if you know what you are doing? Surely its just a case of getting their address and posting with tracking and compensation? 

Does giving bank details out put me at any risk please?

Thanks for your help. 
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,883
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    bhindi said:
    Hi, sorry what do you mean re paypal goods and services is fine if you know what you are doing? Surely its just a case of getting their address and posting with tracking and compensation? 

Does giving bank details out put me at any risk please?

Thanks for your help. 
    For PayPal goods and services remember to protect yourselves against chargebacks, so only send to address PayPal give you and ensure you retain POP and send within 7 days. 

Bank details are fine, just remember to check money has arrived in your bank account, don’t fall for any dodgy emails pretending to be from your bank telling you the money is being held until item is sent. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback