At what point should you get insurance/s sorted before completion on a home?
I am in the early stages home-buying process and have been doing a search for insurance on the comparison sites. Something has suddenly stopped me in my tracks.
When entering details for life insurance, it asks for my address. However, I'm obviously taking out this insurance to ensure the safety of my home if I die and wot not. So, do I enter the new address, or my current one? Will it matter?
I don't have a completion date, in fact, I might be a fair bit away from that, but can you take out insurance for your new home in advance of completing the home? And, should I enter the new address to get my quotes?
- All Categories
- 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449K Spending & Discounts
- 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.3K Life & Family
- 246.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards