Travel insurance

I purchased travel insurance from Virgin Money and had to make a claim. But this thread isn't just about Virgin Money alone but many other insurance providers who have partnered with CSALtd. There's quite a few! Basically they will handle the claims for several companies. I'm not going to harp on about how chronically bad they are (yet!) as the claim is still in progress, but, what I need to know is simply this. If we have a complaint about the way the claim is being handled, do we do complain to the company we purchased the policy from (in my case Virgin Money), or is it to their claim handling partner CSAltd? Before responding (and it would be good if someone does), I've asked both Virgin Money and CSALtd who are  both adamant that it's CSALtd. But aren't we all told the contract is with whom sold you the product? (P.S. If you want some amusement (black humour I guess as it isn't really funny?) go to Trust Pilot and type in CSALtd - I'm saying no more, well, apart from I wish I'd looked at Trust Pilot before taking out a policy with Virgin Money). Thanks

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 9,029
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Virgin Money have nothing to do with the travel insurance other than lending their branding. As you will see from the footer of the Travel insurance page (simplified):

Virgin Money Travel Insurance is promoted by CYB Intermediaries Ltd and administered by Hood Travel Limited. The core elements of Virgin Money Travel Insurance are underwritten by ERGO Travel Insurance Services Ltd on behalf of Great Lakes Insurance UK Ltd.

As to who to complain to, follow the instructions in your policy book. Looking at a random version of their policy wording for Claims it appears to depend on which section of the policy you are claiming on but the main one is to complain to CSA 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback