EBay 12 month warranty from Seller - issues

Ivrytwr3
Ivrytwr3 Posts: 6,277
Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
Forumite
I purchased a mobile phone from Loop Mobile on EBay on 6 Nov 22; the listing had the seller as providing a 12 month warranty.

28 Sep 23 i raised with the seller through EBay messages that the phone was not holding charge - no reply.

31 Oct 23 i raised with the seller through EBay messages that the phone was now not powering on - no reply.

I raised a query with EBay who said outside of 30 days can't help, raise with Paypal. Paypal have replied that it is outside of their 180 days and closed the dispute.

So the seller stating that they have a 12 month warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on? I'm not sure where to go with this now as both EBay and Paypal have washed their hands of it and the seller isn't replying to my messages.

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,877
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Unfortunately trying to enforce a guarantee against a seller on eBay is notoriously difficult. All you can do is go down a legal route .
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback