Unsure if this a roof leak

Options
ttnguyen
ttnguyen Posts: 16 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
edited 2 November 2023 at 3:32AM in Flood & storms help & information
Hi guy, 

After few days of heavy raining, i was looking up the window and saw this yellow line , which I wasn’t sure if this is a leak on top and cause damp as it quite small. Anyone having similar issue can help me confirm pls. should I be worry yet. 
Also any tip can you guys recommend when looking a roofer please ? As there are too many and i am very scare of getting one that not trustworthy and mess thing up (as i dont think this is cover by insurance and i am very skint atm). 
Regard insurance, should I call for inspector first and contact insurance to see if they able to cover then go ahead with the repair, its my first time so i am not sure how thing work. Because I worry that it might look small but could costly to repair. 
And how i know afterward if they done the job properly assume its on the roof and i am unable to see and does not have knowledge regarding repair the roof. Would there normally be warranty or some sort, I have read some review and they said normally if after work done but the issue still present it hard to contact the roofer/contractor/ builder and they just kind of ignore it. I am so stress out now.

Please kindly give some advice.

Sorry if the picture is not very clear. 

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family