Dual Air Fryer Advice/Buying

Options
Hi,

I want to purchase an Air Fryer, dual.
Anyone have experience or heard about these and the choice you would recommend. Looking at budget of £130 and less, so rules out Ninja etc. I can wait till Black Friday. I know Ninja can be £16-170 when a deal is on, but too expensive for me.

Instant Vortex (£130)
amazon.co.uk/dp/…h=1

HomCom (£99)
amazon.co.uk/HOM…J73

Salter (£114)
amazon.co.uk/Sal…h=1

Thanks in advance. Feel free to recommend something else.

Comments

• DigSunPap
    DigSunPap Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Got given this for Christmas last year and works great had no issues as of yet

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/daewoo-dual-basket-sda2310-air-fryer-black-10222859.html
  • Mr_Robot_Elliot
    Options
    Thanks.

Someone also said this one, very popular

https://shop.tefal.co.uk/easy-fry-dual-air-fryer-grill-ey905b-coal-8-3l.

I'm leaning to this as the trays are different sizes, one is larger and other is small. 
  • whitesatin
    whitesatin Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I bought a Ninja dual from QVC recently and I’m quite pleased with it.  I’m still experimenting with adapting my normal meals and the occasional new recipe.  I won’t be returning it.  There’s lots of videos online too. 
  • Mr_Robot_Elliot
    Options
    Plenty of vids and even Facebook Groups that will help you.
  • Longwalker
    Options
    The vortex is the same price at John Lewis and you get their 2 year guarantee 
  • Mr_Robot_Elliot
    Options
    I purchased the Instant.

https://www.johnlewis.com/instant-vortex-plus-clearcook-dual-baskets-air-fryer-7-6l-stainless-steel/p6249980

Had a £5 voucher too. 
    Only used the test run today. 
    Will try tomorrow for first time.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,916 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I bought one years ago, was probably the most expensive ornament for my kitchen. Ended up in the skip. 

If I want to cook a chicken in half the time I will spatchcock it and use my oven. 

I truly tried to convince myself that it would be a revelation, but my gut was right that it’s just an ugly piece of worktop decor. 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    But that was years ago @sarah1972. I think the main reason most people are using/considering air fryers currently is because of high energy costs. 🤔

That certainly applies to me and I welcome advice before purchase. 😊
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,916 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    maman said:
    But that was years ago @sarah1972. I think the main reason most people are using/considering air fryers currently is because of high energy costs. 🤔

Don’t get me wrong, it’s absolutely personal preference. I just know how many of my friends are selling theirs on marketplace currently. 

I totally understand that it helps with high energy costs
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Longwalker
    Options
    maman said:

For me its not even energy savings, most of those are over hyped. The machine is a wattage, the longer you use it the more it costs and trying to cook for 6 or more with one - cheaper to use the cooker and hob

I use mine for speed and efficiency. 3 adult household I have the Ninja dual and the Ninja 15 in 1 - both considerable expenses, cost more then my cooker did.

But I love the freedom of using them. Sounds daft, but before I had them, certain foods were always off limits or weren't cooked as liked because " not worth putting the oven on"

Silly things, Mr L likes a gingster pasty or sausage roll on a Saturday lunch or when Im not home, had to be nuked, which leaves them chewy. Jacket spuds were done in the microwave for speed  - soggy skin. Not worth putting the oven on for garlic bread - went without

Now we have proper cooked everything :) Add to that part baked rolls, bacon and sausages as and when

Then we have the speed of cooking, yes I can do a chicken, roasted and roast carrots and parnisps all together in about 45 mins on either machine 

Lets not forget fat free chips :)

They are very good. You just need to research which one is going to be best for you. I love by dual - there are a lot of cheaper options out there, its great - for anything and everything that you could put in the oven or grill. The 15 is a completely different beast, steam roasting is a game changer, the pressure cook function is phenomenal and being able to make bread, bake cakes and yoghurt without even needing to me a cook, well I love mine and I use one or the other daily. Even if Im wok cooking on the stove, no doubt Ill still use one to do spring rolls in  - 10 mins from the freezer?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback