Insurance renewal refused and current cancelled

If my buildings & contents insurance was cancelled, do I need to tell my car insurance and declare it on all future insurance products that I apply for?

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 9,136
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If my buildings & contents insurance was cancelled, do I need to tell my car insurance and declare it on all future insurance products that I apply for?
    What reason was it cancelled?

Assuming it was for non-payment/non-disclosure etc then typically you will need to declare it at renewal for all other General Insurance (Motor, Home, Travel, Pet) etc policies or any new purchases. Some insurers may ignore it depending on the reasoning for the cancellation but that's at their discretion and doesn't change your obligation to answer the questions honestly/be honest when agreeing to assumptions etc.
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,707
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I got caught out while abroad for three months, the credit card the insurance company had details on had expired and they wrote to tell me unpaid but I was not at home.  Insurance got canceled due to non payment which I sorted when I got home.  I have now to tell all insurers, if they ask and all have had the question regarding cancellation.  It is such a palaver having to phone and explain to new insurers as I’m on quite a few cars as name driver but it has had no effect price wise.  I assume they look at credit reports and it will be the only thing on it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback