Do "Curve Fronted" transactions count as "Purchases" on the underlying card?

Options
Just opened a Halifax 0% Purchases card, with the intention of just "slow-stoozing" by using it for my day-to-day spending (plus a moderate amount of mnfrd. spend) until it's full. 

However, it just struck me that, with easy-access savings interest rates in excess of 5% available, it would actually cost in to cough up the 1.5% Curve Fronted fee and fill the card up in one hit. 

As this isn't a Curve feature I've ever used before, I'm wondering if these transactions are counted as "Purchases" on the underlying card? 

TIA

Comments

• jamface202
    Options
    This is exactly what I started doing about a month ago. The transactions do appear on the underlying card as purchases.
    Be aware that the fee gets added to the underlying card so don't let this push you over the credit limit. Also, from 15 Nov, the 1.5% fee increases to 2.5%. If you're on the free curve account I'd take a look at the premium tiers and see if any of those would allow you to be more profitable
    https://cdn.buttercms.com/QXzvmJHVQW2prbOWFVmY
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,131 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They're going to limit the GBiT feature to three occasions a month? There's probably no point having it then 
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    This is exactly what I started doing about a month ago. The transactions do appear on the underlying card as purchases.
    Be aware that the fee gets added to the underlying card so don't let this push you over the credit limit. Also, from 15 Nov, the 1.5% fee increases to 2.5%. If you're on the free curve account I'd take a look at the premium tiers and see if any of those would allow you to be more profitable
    https://cdn.buttercms.com/QXzvmJHVQW2prbOWFVmY
    Better link: 
    Are there any fees associated with using Curve?

Following these changes, it's better to use ATM cash withdrawals as the fee for these is only 2%. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback