Zanussi Solar

We are now a year after the installation of 15 solar panels by Zanussi Solar, were were told by the installer to check the generating figures over the next year then compare with those given by salesman. We were told that we could claim money back if they were significantly different 1957kWh generated, quoted 4570kWh that would be generated.
My questions is; Is this correct information and who do we contact at Zanussi Solar?

Comments

• QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,676
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If your 15 panels are about 300Wp each, and you have a 4.5kWp system, an installation in a good location in the south of the UK would generate about 4500kWh a year.
    Is the 1957kWh number from the solar generation meter? If so, that seems very low.
    Do your panels face south-ish? Are they shaded by trees or architecture?
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • QrizB said:
    If your 15 panels are about 300Wp each, and you have a 4.5kWp system, an installation in a good location in the south of the UK would generate about 4500kWh a year.
    Is the 1957kWh number from the solar generation meter? If so, that seems very low.
    Chesterfield, we have 8 facing East, 7 facing west, no trees, no shading, max 6kW system, not sure what they are each.
  • mmmmikey
    mmmmikey Posts: 1,594
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi - I'm in Lincolnshire so not too far away. I have a 10 year old 4kWp system with 12 panels facing east and 4 facing south. I typically generate 3000kWh per year so your figure certainly does seem low, but 4570kWh per year also seems a bit on the high side.
  • mmmmikey said:
    Hi - I'm in Lincolnshire so not too far away. I have a 10 year old 4kWp system with 12 panels facing east and 4 facing south. I typically generate 3000kWh per year so your figure certainly does seem low, but 4570kWh per year also seems a bit on the high side.
    we were told by the installer that we could get money back if the system doesn't produce what was quoted as giving. Is that right?
  • mmmmikey
    Forumite
    mmmmikey said:
    we were told by the installer that we could get money back if the system doesn't produce what was quoted as giving. Is that right?

It really depends on the contract/guarantee you have with the supplier. Do you have anything in writing that says what output to expect and what you would get back if it doesn't perform as expected? Also, where are you getting the reading of 1957kWh from?
  • debitcardmayhem
    debitcardmayhem Posts: 11,853
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 30 October 2023 at 3:59PM
    I have a 4.8kWp sws facing and in 10 months of operating they have generated  up to 4577 today, I guess that’s fair🌞🌞
    OH and thats Essex 
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • mmmmikey said:
    mmmmikey said:

It really depends on the contract/guarantee you have with the supplier. Do you have anything in writing that says what output to expect and what you would get back if it doesn't perform as expected? Also, where are you getting the reading of 1957kWh from?
    total generated looking at monthly figures since installed, via the app interface, have the figures set down by the salesman
  • QrizB said:
    Chesterfield, we have 8 facing East, 7 facing west, no trees, no shading, max 6kW system, not sure what they are each.
    I hope the Spire doesn’t get in the way😎 (I am originally from Mansfield)
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • mmmmikey
    Forumite
    Ah Ok. I wonder if it's possible that what you're looking at in the app is either for just the East or West facing panels and not the total amount? Not necessarily anything you're doing wrong but maybe the app hasn't been set up correctly? 

As a first step, it might be worth getting back in touch with whoever sold you the panels and explaining to them that you're concerned because the panels are only generating less than half what you expected and asking them to check everything out for you. The salesman's claim doesn't sound completely out of the ball park so I'm guessing the issue is either there's something not quite right with the installation that they should be able to sort out, or the app is not showing you the total output for all the panels.
  • mmmmikey said:
    Ah Ok. I wonder if it's possible that what you're looking at in the app is either for just the East or West facing panels and not the total amount? Not necessarily anything you're doing wrong but maybe the app hasn't been set up correctly? 

As a first step, it might be worth getting back in touch with whoever sold you the panels and explaining to them that you're concerned because the panels are only generating less than half what you expected and asking them to check everything out for you. The salesman's claim doesn't sound completely out of the ball park so I'm guessing the issue is either there's something not quite right with the installation that they should be able to sort out, or the app is not showing you the total output for all the panels.

this is today
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure